Are you thinking about rescuing a Frenchie? Awesome!The experience of rescuing a Frenchie can be one of the most rewarding and exciting experiences of our lives!But finding a reputable French Bulldog rescue shelter can be difficult…
French Bulldog rescue: What you need to know
The first time you rescue a dog, there are a few things you need to know that are a bit different from getting a dog from a breeder. You may have heard about Frenchies’ ridiculous price tag, health problems, or any other Frenchie issue… but when saving a dog, keep these points in mind:
- Each rescue dog is unique
- Most likely, the dog has been vaccinated and fixed
- Prepare for unexpected expenses… Frenchies’ health problems may cost you thousands of dollars- this is why I recommend pet insurance for all Frenchies
- It doesn’t matter how old they are, you’ll need to prepare like you’re getting a puppy
- You’ll need to puppy proof your house and belongings
- And also purchase all the sundries you need for a new dog: brushes, shampoos, collars, food bowls, and more.
- Prepare yourself for extreme separation anxiety, which is common in rescues.
- And also prepare yourself for your dog to be anxious, clingy, and needing reassurance. Plenty of rescue dogs have experienced different kinds of trauma.
Check out our puppy checklist before you bring home your new Frenchie.
What is the cost of rescuing a French Bulldog?
Rescue and adoption of French Bulldogs can cost anywhere from zero dollars to several hundred dollars.
The costs of rescuing a French Bulldog compared to buying one from a breeder are much lower.
The 11 Best Places to Rescue a French Bulldog
Even if one is not located in your hometown, you can find a French Bulldog rescue shelter nearby. Be prepared to wait a while before you’re up next to adopt as some of these organizations operate across the entire United States.
You’ll need to wait until the rescue shelter in your area has a dog available for adoption after finding one locally. You ought to remember that French Bulldogs are the 4th most popular breed in the USA, so you may need to put your name on a waiting list. If you need help finding a French Bulldog Rescue Shelter near you, here are 11 of the most popular French Bulldog rescue organizations in the world.
|Rescue Shelter Name||Location||Info|
|French Bulldog Rescue Network||North America||Most popular network to find a Rescue Shelter near you.|
|French Bulldog Village Rescue||United States||A network similar to the French Bulldog Rescue Network.|
|French Bulldog Rescue Shelter||United States||Nationwide Rescue Shelter directory.|
|SNORT Rescue||Northeast US||Shelters all flat-faced dogs.|
|Short Noses and Friends United Rescue||Midwest US||Shelters all flat-faced dogs.|
|RescueMe.Org Florida||Florida||Referral service for dog adoptions.|
|Adopt a Pet.com||Florida||Tool to search for French Bulldogs available for adop|
|F.R.O.G.S. (French Bulldog Rescue Of Georgia & Southeast United States)||Georgia||Services Florida and other states in the Southeast US.|
|Norcal French Bulldog Rescue||Northern California||You must be based in California to adopt a dog from here.|
|Rocky Mountain French Bulldog Rescue||Colorado||Operates throughout the Rocky Mountain region.|
|Chicago French Bulldog Rescue||Illinois||Adoption applicants must live within 2 hours to Chicago, IL.|